This post is sponsored by Wayfair.
Have you been dreaming of a bathroom renovation with ship lap walls, marble counter top and a white subway tile shower? Join the club, you all. Browsing home decor magazines and surfing Pinterest can certainly inspire us when it comes to design but what is the reality of a total bathroom reno happening before your guests arrive in a couple weeks or before you have to put your house on the market due to a job transfer?
Living in Florida we get a lot of spring breakers who come visit us so keeping the bathrooms and guest bedrooms freshly updated is important. Until we get our wood shelves up behind the toilet and replace the tub with a walk in shower, these seven quick and simple ways to freshen up a bathroom will make any guest feel welcome at your home.
The first thing we did for a new look was to freshen up with new towels and bathroom mats that were gifted to us by Home Dynamix. What is the first thing you notice when you stay overnight at a hotel or friends home? Their towels, right? Are they fluffy, do they smell fresh, are they faded or bright? If I like a good towel, you can bet that I am going to check out the tag and see what brand it is. Good towels fall right up there with good sheets.
You would think since I pay attention to this at other peoples homes that I wouldn’t be the worst at replacing towels and getting rid of the older ones at my own home. We have faded towels and colors of all kinds, many that don’t match the current color schemes but I am newly inspired to go through all the old towels and place them in the rag bin or give away to charity.
How would you like to win your own set of towels and bath mat in our giveaway? All you have to do is email me at email@example.com and tell me what your biggest challenge is. A winner will be chosen April 15th.
Here are 7 easy ways to freshen up your bathroom quickly. You will be amazed how these simple little ideas will make a huge difference.
- Buy fresh new towels and bath mats. Remember when I mentioned fluffy and soft? This before picture is the mix matched towels I was telling you about. Look how welcoming the new fluffy and matching set look. Which ones would you want to dry off with? Someone thought the soft and comfortable bath mat made a great spot for a nap.
2) Wall Organizers. When there just isn’t enough floor space, wall organizing shelves and organizers are great for storage. In our case, we made a simple ball jar organizer for cotton balls and q-tips. A few baby’s breath sprigs or fresh cut flowers can bring a little spring in the room too.
3) Organizing Baskets– Need I say more? I am a basket hoarder of all kinds and with my labeling addiction I may need to join a support group. How many hair dryers and curling irons do 3 girls need but we have enough for the Dugger Family and then some. I put one of the wire baskets on top of the commode and filled with toilet paper. The other two served their purpose under the sink. If you want to spruce up under the sink some more you can paint the interior and put some contact paper on the bottom.
4) Toiletry Trays. This corner screams unorganized and cluttered. Not everything has to be tucked under the sink or in a drawer, If you’re using it everyday it’s ok to leave it out but just gather the toiletries together in trays or baskets. Then when you have company, it’s easy to just grab the baskets and put under the sink. I used a metal tray to go with the rustic theme and to contain our daughter’s make-up, I re purposed a straw basket that we already had.
5) Framed inspirational printables. Why not had a few of your favorite quotes to a picture frame that you already have? I love inspirational and motivating quotes. Remind yourself and your guests to start their day with the right mindset.
6) New soap dispenser. Trade in your disposable soap dispenser for a more decorative one that matches your bathroom theme. Something as simple as this is sometimes over looked.
7) New lighting fixture. Change your lighting to match your theme. Dean put the farmhouse style light on a stained piece of wood we already had in our garage. The lighting we had before was the standard lighting that came with the house. This one thing changed the entire feel for this bathroom.
Making just a few changes to your bathroom without doing a full renovation will give that fresh feel until you can get to the bigger projects later, like replacing the tub with a shower! Oh Dean, honey…